Tuesday, March 1, 2011

How it all started...

Wednesday as the day went on Grayson started coughing. As the evening went on I noticed he was a bit congested. I told Jared "I really hope he isnt getting sick"
When we woke up on Thursday morning it was obvious that my baby boy didnt feel well. We stayed home and took it easy. As Thursday went on I could see him getting sicker. Grayson is usually so bright and cheery, but as you can tell in these pictures, he gets progressively worse. His cough got worse, his congestion got worse, he had a fever I couldnt get to come down.
 Friday Grayson was absolutely miserable. Lethargic, crying and whining a lot, his cough was horrible, the congestion was pretty bad. Everytime he coughed he would wince or cry, you could tell it just really hurt. But most of all you could just tell he didnt feel good, you could see it in his eyes.

Thursday and Friday night were really rough. His fever was up to 102.5 and was not coming down. Jared slept in Grant's room and Grayson slept with me. He tossed and turned all night, coughing and crying. I dont think he ever did get into a deep sleep because he was coughing so much.
When I talked to my mom we discussed the possibility of pneumonia, bronchitis, RSV, and anything else we could think of. My mom had talked to my aunt and she said to watch him carefully because RSV was going around. He wasnt weezing at all and he wasnt struggling to breathe so I didnt think it was RSV, but I was concerned.
When we woke up Saturday morning he still had all his previous symptoms, but I was really concerned because he was so lethargic, even when he was awake he wouldnt open his eyes. It was scary. He was limp and when I would pick him up he would just hang there. I told Jared I was really concerned and I thought we needed to take him to Insta care. Jared wasnt feeling very well and I had started not feeling well either, so we both just threw some "comfy" clothes on and headed out the door. I didnt even grab the diaper bag because I had just changed him and fed him and I honestly thought they would give us a prescription and we would be right back home. Well that wasnt the case...

No comments:

Post a Comment