Friday, February 4, 2011

We miss Grandma

I have this wonderful picture of my Grandma and Grant in my scrapbook room. It is sitting on my counter, right in front of me while I am scrapping. All I have to do is glance up at it and it either puts a smile on my face or a tear in my eye. I love this picture! Grant likes to come in my room and scrapbook with me. He has his own drawer in my room, full of all his own pictures and  supplies. Tonight after he was done with his page he came over and wrapped his arms around my waist. He was just staring at this picture up on the counter. He didnt say anything so I asked him, "what's the matter honey?" In the sweetest and saddest little voice he said to me, "I hate cancer mom" It made me so sad. I picked him up and set him on my lap, and our conversation went a little like this.
me "I know sweetheart, I hate it too"
G "I really miss Grandma. I wish she didnt have to leave us."
me "me too bud."
G "She was great. I wish she was only 50 years old, then she wouldnt have died so soon."
me "well honey when you have cancer it doesnt always work that way."
G "well I still wish she was here"
me "I do too bud. I miss her a lot too, but you know you can always talk to me when you get sad."
G "I love that picture of me with my Grandma Bennett mom. And you know what? Pictures are great reminders of wonderful memories we have."
me "you're right. Do you remember this day we spent with Grandma."
G "yep, we went to the park and had a picnic."
By this time I am tearing up.
me "I am so glad you remember that. And I hope you always will, Grant."
G "I will, cause we have this picture to always remind us"
My little guy is such a feeler. He is sweet. I just love him so much, and I miss Grandma as much as he does. I really do hope that he will always remember the times he had with Grandma. I am going to try to preserve those memories for him, so I am going to make him his very own scrapbook full of pictures of him and Grandma! I think he will really love that. I just wish I had a million more pictures of them together. I love you Grandma and I miss you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment