Thursday, February 17, 2011

So very grateful


Feeling really grateful today. I got the chance to go to lunch with my husband and a friend of ours. She got married a little while back and she was telling me how she and her husband really want a baby, but it just isnt happening right now for them. As I sat across the table from her you could see the sadness in her eyes, although she puts a big smile on. I could see the same sadness I felt for so long. All I could do was sympathize for her, because honestly I dont know what to say. I remember being in that position and anything anyone ever said to me just made me feel worse, even though I know they were trying to help. Lugging Grayson to the car I silently thanked Gad for the miracle he has sent me. As I cried on the drive home I couldnt quit looking in his little elephant mirror to see his perfect little face softly sleeping. I am so incredibly grateful for the many blessings and miracles I have. I know that God has a plan for me and I am so honored that he trusted me with two of his precious children. I am not sure why I had to wait for so long to have Grayson in my life, but I trust that it was for a very good reason. I am trying my hardest to do right by these precious boys. I love them more than I could ever express. I cant even imagine a life without them. I wanted a girl so bad, until that first glimpse into Grayson's sweet little blue eyes. I knew right then HE was meant for us. I wouldnt change him for anything. I dont think that anyone could ever comprehend the impact this boy has had on me in the short 5 months that he has been here. I would lay down my life for my boys. 

2 comments:

  1. Great post Lauri..obviously very heartfelt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your post! It's amazing how many strong women have been through the longing for a child that just doesn't seem to appear. You are truly blessed! Love those adorable little ones each and everyday!

    ReplyDelete