Monday, February 28, 2011

Grayson update

We were able to come home from the hospital, instead of staying another night. Thank goodness for that. I dont know if I could have done another night. Grayson did come home with oxygen because he couldnt keep his saturation up. He is still absolutely miserable. I feel so helpless and all I can do is TRY to make him comfortable. Which is really hard because he is in a lot of pain and he HATES the tubes being in his nose. 
This is on our way home from the hospital.

 Grayson was very happy to be home! When we got home we were all exhausted. Grant really wanted to stay at Maama and Papa's for dinner so we let him and we went home and all took a nice nap. We slept until about 6:00 and then Jared went and got Grant.
 Grayson really hates the tubes and they are really bugging him, so the nurse told me to swaddle him so that he doesnt pull the tubes out, especially while we are sleeping. Well I dont think that was such a good idea. When we woke up he had a fever of 103.4 so I immediately undressed him and he started to cool down a little. He has had some really bad diahrea so I was concerned about dehydration again. I gave him a little bit of pedialyte and it came right back up along with the little bit of breastmilk I could get him to eat. It was all over him so he got a tubby. He loves tubbies!
The tubby actually helped quite a bit with the fever, so that is good. And he was relaxed enough that he did eat a little more and he kept it down. But the poor boy is sleeping with a towel because he keeps throwing up and mommy is so exhausted I dont want to do another tubby tonight. He is sleeping now, but not soundly. I am going to go try to get a little sleep myself. 

1 comment:

  1. Poor little kiddo, I hope everything is alright. I know how stressful that is for Mommy! I will keep the little one in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete