Monday, July 18, 2011

Ever heard of MTM??

OK so I dont even remember how I stumbled across this, but the other day I came upon this blog Muffin Tin Mom. I love this idea! If you want to know more about who came up with this idea and how to get started you can visit the FAQ page.
On the FAQ page I found this question being asked..
 What is the purpose for Muffin Tin Meals?
And here is Muffin Tin Mom's answer ...
Serving a meal in a muffin tin to kids has many benefits including: breaking up the lunchtime routine, serving foods in smaller more manageable portions for little mouths and introducing them to new foods in a fun and interesting way! It's a win for you: They eat. It's a win for them: It's fun.

It seemes that this was an idea created to get your young child (toddler) to try new things, eat, and have fun doing it. But who is to say that only YOUNG children can have fun with this? To be honest I wasnt sure how much FUN my 7 year old would have with it, but it seems that at any age eating your lunch out of a muffin tin can be fun! As displayed below, you can see that he was pretty excited when mom served his lunch to him in this NEW & FUN way.


 His exact words, "This is awesome!"

On todays menu: tuna fish sandwich, chips, and watermelon. Pretty much all we have in the house right now, and they are all foods he loves. It wasnt a matter of if he would eat them or not. I was more curious to see how much FUN he would actually have with this concept.
Well in the time it took me to write this blog , he has eaten all of his lunch and asked for more! He also asked if he could have his lunch in a muffin tin tomorrow! I would say it was a success! I cant wait to start trying other FUN NEW muffin tin meals!

5 comments:

  1. I love that he loved it. Nice lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! My boy loves all kinds of meals in muffin tins now too! We have done lunch, snack, and dinner...still want to do breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I think my husband was jealous last week that I didn't put HIS meal in a muffin tin. I'm thinking the MTM idea is a hit at any age. ;-) Glad your son enjoyed his!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you discovered muffin tin monday. We all have a lot of fun creating these meals for the kiddos. My husband's manager is a friend of ours and he sees my posts on FB. I think he would secretly like a muffin tin meal. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just discovered MTM less than two months ago and my kids ask for them everyday. They are a huge hit even with my nine year olds. Glad your son liked it!

    ReplyDelete