Tuesday, June 5, 2012

So proud!!

We LOVE having a pool only a one minute walk from our house!!





Jared and I were counting down the days until the pool opened. We were so excited to take the kids. Grant on the other hand was not so excited. When it finally opened we all went together and Grant was less than thrilled. The next day I took Grayson while Grant was in school. Over the weekend Kyrie slept over and again we went to the pool. Kyrie is a little fish, jumping, diving, going under the water. Grant stayed close to my side and didn't have much fun.

Sunday afternoon it was really hot and we wanted to go swimming again. Again Grant did not want to go. We told him he could just stay home alone (which I don't really actually allow him to do. We were just threatening) and at the last minute, as we were walking out the door he decided he would come.

When we got there a couple of his friends from school were there and he was really excited, until he realized they were also like little fish. One of them had a life jacket on, but they were playing in the (ever-feared) deep end, swimming, dunking each other, jumping in from the side. I think he was pretty embarrassed that he was afraid to go in the deep end with them. So I told him to go get a life jacket on and he could jump in to me and I would catch him. He was appalled that I would even suggest such a thing.

After a little (well a lot) of coaxing, he finally agreed to try it. So I caught him a few times and then I told him to try it without me catching him. To my surprise, he agreed to. Before I knew it he was jumping in and goofing around with his friends like he had no issues with the water at all! I was so stinking proud of him. And he is so funny, he asked me to take pictures so that we could show maama and papa that he could jump in all by himself!! This is a huge step for Grant and I could not be more proud of him!!!

Grant has been struggling with a few anxieties for awhile now. Jared and I finally decided that we thought it would be best to talk to a doctor about these things. I might go into more detail later, but my super awesome pediatrician said something to me that really hit me hard. He said "You need to get over it and accept him the way he is" Those were his exact words and that really opened my eyes. I love Grant beyond measure and completely! Including all his anxieties and fears!
Way to go Bubba!!!




Grant and Grayson are such polar opposites! This little boy has no fear!

No comments:

Post a Comment